Tuesday 2 July 2013

Weekend Wake Up Call !!!!!!!!!

http://escapingvoid.webs.com/apps/blog/show/29595877-weekend-wake-up-call-
It 's usually been  the case for the past several years that my schedule has been really hectic. It so happens that I end up working almost 11-12 hrs a leaving me barely sometime to breadth or relax myself. These times lead our lives to crazy schedules leaving no time for any of us to possibly ogle at the beauty of life.




The weekend however is my breather..a time I enjoy the most or at least make a genuine effort to come up with a plan to do so. It's been for ever that all I do at weekend is go shop..something I absolutely adore...probably go party somewhere..and  do some blogging as usual. This weekend I came across an article Sunday morning while blogging...
six-weekend-health-mistakes  and I must say that I was shocked seeing it. Everything I probably did was in its bullet point....OMG ..
Nyways  it caught  my attention to go through the whole piece.

Sleeping in too late
Staying up until late at night and then sleeping in the next day could leave you feeling more tired and make it harder to get back onto a normal sleep schedule for the entire week. It's called 'social jet lag'. Get more out of your weekend days and avoid sleeping troubles on Sunday night. Organize your schedule so you wake up within an hour of the time you would during the week.
I usually end up doing this Friday and Saturday night.It so happens that usually I never end up getting free early nytime on Friday..Frankly the chance of a party at the start of the weekend is out of the picture. So Saturday happens to be the day when I love being out over the night. I must admit this does spoil my night schedule over Sunday giving me sleepy Monday mornings at the office.. : (

Staying Plugged In
Take the time to unplug and recharge to help keep stress levels in check and maximize your weekend relaxation. Go tech-free for one day, afternoon, or even just an hour on the weekend while enjoying an outdoor activity or time with loved ones.

That's one thing I do each weekend..Literally sleep with my laptop and phone..either doing some office research or probable blogging or even going on skype with my friends and folks back home...Unplugged weekends seems like a distant thought for me at least as of now..I guess... :/

Overeating
Don't overdo it when you eat out, enjoy a few drinks or indulge in dessert on the weekend. Your diet will suffer as a result. It's best to try and maintain a balance not going too far away from your weekday eating habits.
Weekend usually ends up giving me a feeling like I'm a kid left in a ice-cream shop with a million things to try...This is especially the case when I'm off to my boyfriends place...He's never stopped me from eating rather overeating post which I get super sick....:( and spend the entire coming week cribbing about it and trying..and I mean only TRYING to DIET.

Catching Up On Work
Stay away from work on the weekend unless there is a crisis situation. Prioritizing time to for two days relax can actually make you more productive during the week.
Sadly this is one thing I cannot avoid..:(

Running Errands & Doing Chores
Don't power through your to-do list on Saturday and Sunday. Try spending 30 minutes each evening doing laundry, grocery shopping or cleaning during the week. This will free up your weekend for more enjoyable, calming activities.
Practically my Saturday mornings are meant to do just that. Travelling around 4 hrs a day to reach workplace..11/12 hrs of working leaves me no time to do any of these through the week..:(

Stressing On Sunday
Don't waste Sunday anticipating the stresses of the coming week. When you start feeling the Sunday blues coming on, get active and spend time with people you love.
This is one habit I just can’t get rid off..:(

All through writing this article I realise the sad smileys I made through every point..There is not one amongst these should I say I do right...Feels like I need to get my habits straight and start fresh........

Seems like a huge WAKE UP CALL for us all....Turning to healthy habits is turning to a better quality of LIFE....what say ppl....



No comments:

Post a Comment